The ancient village of Ivashkiv named after Cossack Ivashko was founded in the 18th century. This is the only village in Kodymshchyna where the streets are named after real Cossack sotnias! A memorable Cossack high cross reminds us of the Cossack page in the history of this village that is set in honor of the Battle of Kodym, which took place in 1693.
Like a particle of heaven on earth, blue and white Ivashkiv's Protection Orthodox Church was built of thick oak pillars at the end of the 19th century and consecrated in honor of the Protecting Veil of the Mother of God. It has been preserved to this day and is put on the The State Register of Immovable Monuments of Ukraine.
Since 2016, the ethno-ecological festival “Kodyma Fest” has been annually held in Ivashkiv. It’s a new platform where creative people can communicate, a free space where they can learn about the traditional culture of South-East Podillia and modern folk music directions as well as comprehend the modern ecological worldview.
The festival site attracts tourists at any time, as the two-store Trypillan House has been reconstructed and a Cossack Tower has been built. The bright festival gates and Lovers' Island also are a wonderful photo area.
It is easy to reach the festival village of Ivashkiv by railway through the town of Kodyma in the Odessa region or by the T1611 highway.
- Festifal village
- Trypillan house
- Podillia house
Meal service (+38 098 263 3408, Stanislav)